Thursday 13 December 2018

[FIXED] “Run as different user” Visual Studio, cannot clear cached TFS credentials

Issue

I log onto my server with one set of credentials and open Visual Studio 2012 using "Run as different user" (Shift + Right-click) as I need a second set of credentials to deploy to my dev. env. SharePoint site.
I have previously done above and then connected to TFS using the third set of credentials, as my user (second set credentials) didn't have access yet. Now my user has access and I wish to use these credentials instead.
TFS automatically logs me in with the third set credentials every time I open VS using "Run as different user" - However, if I open VS normally without using "Run as different user" I get prompted for a login to the TFS.
I have tried checking the Windows credentials and there is nothing there. And I can't log onto the server using the second set credentials as only the first set can access the server with Remote Desktop.
So how do I "clear" cached TFS credentials when using "Run as different user"?

Fix

Go to control panel > User Accounts > Manage Your Credentials > select your Team Foundation Server and choose remove/edit - viola! Next time you go into Team Explorer you will be prompted for a new set of credentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment