Thursday 13 December 2018

[FIXED] Network images disappeared after asp.net site deployed to IIS 7 (Windows 2008 R2)

ISSUE:

I have a web application which shows network images when I ran it thru localhost. But when I host the site on IIS on the same server, the network path is not working. IIS site is not giving any permission issue nither it is giving "x" sign (404-Not found) for images.

I also provided the full permission to the system user over IIS site. Still, images are not loading.

I tried with the virtual directory (mapped image folder) but no luck.

Screenshot for the reference:


FIX:


Finally, I got the answer to my question from Microsoft forum

I assume the IIS doesn't support this kind of path. For that, I need to create a virtual directory to map it to the image file. Then use a domain account which has enough permission to access the image file in IIS Manager->site level->virtual directory level->basic setting->connect as->specific user->domain user.

Then only need to modify the path.

I already tried the virtual path earlier but this time I have provided enough permission to access.



No comments:

Post a Comment